In a historic ruling, today the California Supreme Court ruled that California’s separate but equal system of relationship recognition is unconstitutional. California grants the rights and benefits of marriage to same-sex couples under its domestic partnership law. The word “marriage” however has been reserved for heterosexual couples. Now California joins Massachusetts, granting marriage equality to same-sex couples and their families. Read the full decision.
Buy this book!
Courting Equality Movie
- Freedom to Marry
- Freedom to Marry MA
- Freedom to Marry-the film
- Human Rights Campaign
- Lambda Legal
- Marriage Equality USA
- Mass Lesbian & Gay Bar Association
- National Center for Lesbian Rights
- National Gay & Lesbian Task Force
- Religious Coalition for the Freedom to Marry
- The History Project