With the leadership of Democratic Governor Eliot Sptizer and Assemblyman Daniel O’Donnell (Rosie’s brother), the New York Assembly approved legislation guaranteeing marriage equality for gay and lesbian couples on June 19. Though not expected to pass the Senate, the historicÂ 85-61 vote,Â makes it clear that New York is following in the steps ofÂ other Northeast states in finally legally recognizing gay relationships. More.
Buy this book!
Courting Equality Movie
- Freedom to Marry
- Freedom to Marry MA
- Freedom to Marry-the film
- Human Rights Campaign
- Lambda Legal
- Marriage Equality USA
- Mass Lesbian & Gay Bar Association
- National Center for Lesbian Rights
- National Gay & Lesbian Task Force
- Religious Coalition for the Freedom to Marry
- The History Project